Year 4 have started to examine the Romans. Our big question for this topic is:
Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?
In order to help us answer this questions we will look to answer these questions first:
- What is it like to be invaded and which countries have been invaded recently?
- Who were the Romans and would they have enjoyed coming to Britain?
- Would you prefer to be a Gladiator or a Premiership footballer?
- What did the Romans do for us? LC5 How could you be as fit as a Roman?
- Why did the Romans need to build forts?
- Who was Boudica and why did she become so famous?
- Can you create a working model of a Roman weapon?
- Who were the famous Romans and what do we know about them?
Children should attempt to research these questions and create a fact file answering these questions.