Week Beginning 20th April
Week Beginning 20th April:
- You should read for 20 minutes per day. Kindle has a lot of free books for children if your book shelves are running low.
- Begin the new English unit https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Y6-Unit.pdf There is enough work within this unit for at least 2 weeks. Try to complete one per day.
- Continue with our spellings and use http://www.primaryspellingonline.co.uk/
- A set of maths puzzles has been added for you to get your teeth into. Can you tackle the first 5 this week? Set up a challenge against a friend - can you beat them? https://www.egfl.org.uk/sites/default/files/maths%20puzzles%20all.pdf Year 5 and 6 problems begin on page 69.
- 3 extra "whodunnits" have been added. Can you solve one this week?
- This week is the last unit in the Evolution and Inheritance Science topic. Complete the final lesson presentations.
- KAHOOT Try mine. https://kahoot.it/challenge/09671112?challenge-id=dec6df10-b2ed-4d38-9246-cfcfc6230a1d_1587216625561 Challenge PIN : 09671112
- Let me know how you get on. Next week we will begin our Geography topic.
- Complete the unit to design and build a chair.
- If you managed this before Easter then have a go at the mobile phone holder project.
- The BBC Schools website has now started created schemes of lessons. Among them is a lovely lesson about transitioning to High School. Click on this link to access the page. You will find it listed on 24th April Wellbeing.https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zncsscw/year-6-lessons/1