School Council / Eco Committee
The School Council for 2020 / 2021 have been working towards Eco Schools status and have formed an Eco Committee. The committee consists of 2 children from each class (with 2 Year 6 children representing Reception). At the beginning of the year the children came up with a development plan which had 3 key aims.
The Committee have worked very hard through these difficult times and have achieved Silver Status. They have done this by:-
- Promoting a No-Tech day in school and at home - this also raised money towards a recycled bench
- Speaking to each class about recycling
- Asking the council for fruit / food bins and speaking to caretaker about emptying them
- Promoting the turning off of lights around school
- Promoting the use of recycled exercise books
- Promoting the use of zero single use plastic in school
- Signing up to Plastic Free School - Surfers Against Sewage
This hard work will continue into 2021/2022 with the aim of achieving the next award.
School Council 2020 / 2021
The first task for the communications team this year was to take a vote on whether we should have:
a) Our two uniforms for winter and summer
b) Keep our uniform of shirt and tie
c) Keep our uniform of polo shirts
75% of the school voted to keep only our polo shirt
The second task of the communications team was to promote the Macmillian coffee morning and help out at the event.
Well done for preparing posters and carrying out a leaflet drop in the local area!
School raised over £360 which was over £100 more than last year.
Feedback was very positive and lots of parents and children said that they had enjoyed the cakes and the chance to have a chat in school.