Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch Up Premium
We have been allocated a grant of £16,560 to arrive into the school’s budget in three instalments termly in the 2020-21 academic year.
Staff have closely assessed the learning needs of the children throughout school and planned interventions/staff training has been implemented since October to meet those needs.
Time limited interventions will be used to meet pupil supporting children in either 1-1 or small groups to secure gaps in their learning. These will be measured through ongoing assessment and testing to ensure effectiveness and be reviewed regularly. This will be a minimum of half termly review through pupil progress meetings.
With support commencing in October we have allocated:
- £8280 to additional teacher time to support English and maths 1:1 and small groups (1:3)
- £6575 to additional teaching assistant time to support phonics, reading, writing and SPAG
- £850 to procure extra training for staff to deliver Catch Up Literacy & Numeracy interventions from Y2 to Y5.
- £855 to support disadvantaged pupils through the National Tutoring Programme
Spring/Summer Term 2021
A further £33 per pupil has been allocated to school's budget to support COVID catch up in school.
This has been used to invest in:
- Intervention work across school delivered by a teaching assistant
- Reading support for some pupils
- Outdoor Learning training and curriculum development