Coronavirus Advice & Information
Hazlehurst Risk Assessments
11 May Parent Letter about school closure
25 March 2020
Latest advice from the government, public health England, DfE and local authority:
If a child or anyone who lives with someone who presents with symptoms of:
· new continuous cough and/or
· high temperature
The child should remain at home for a period of at least 14 days.
For any further information or guidance on whether you feel you should be self isolating please contact 111. School is unable to advise parents on specific cases.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- Wash hands before coming to school
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
The video shows the most effective way of washing your hands
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)